Thursday 25 July 2013

Here's one of those....

....different posts to keep you all up-to-date. Yesterday.  I didn't see the surgeon, but one of his registrars.  There was no record on file of my meeting with the medical team over a month ago.  Anyway, to cut a long story short - even though my top wound hasn't 'skinned over properly', surgically all is far better than they had hoped.  I've been discharged from the surgical team.  In any future meeting of all 'experts' - one is due shortly - the surgical group would try to resist any suggestion of further surgery.  In his words - you've had a lot removed already, any more and it wouldn't be safe.  The clock ticks....but I'm not due to see anyone again until October.
 
 
And so the saga continues, and all the while AP stays by my side with a 'you can't get me' attitude. 
 
But, no matter what cross we have to bear, if we allow ourselves to wallow in self pity nothing we do will be of much worth.  Not to mention that it's a tad selfish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment