Thursday 2 July 2015

Before, during and after....

....the 2nd World War there was an entertainer called George Formby.  When he sang, he was the master of euphemisms. He was forever going on about his little stick of Blackpool rock. Or his granddad's flannelette night-shirt. Or his Auntie Maggie's remedy. In each instance, what he was really alluding to was his... 
Well, expert opinion differs. Freudian analysts feel sure he was referring to a part of his own anatomy. Those who are inclined to focus on Jung would insist he was simply describing an innate spiritual philosophy.   (Think I'll stop here - some might begin to think I'm educated...!!!)



There's rarely a need to look for hidden meanings. The obvious is all you need to see.


Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.    (Paramahansa Yogananda)

No comments:

Post a Comment