Saturday 24 September 2016

A prayer from Syria

This prayer was written by a young man living in Syria.  He's married and has a child.


Thank you, Lord
For all that you have done and are doing.
I trust your will is always good and finally you will turn evil to good.
I know you are not silent, but patient....
But how long will it take, Lord?
I am looking forward to a new beginning amongst my people.
My own desire is that evil will stop
And that we will see your glory shine again in the darkness.
I'm longing for healing, for restoration.  I cry out to you, Lord.
I'm longing for a new generation to take their place in your kingdom,
To be the light and salt of this nation.
Help me to see my role in this transformation.
Protect me and be with me.
Carry me, day by day.

Amen


Image result for Rainbow Wallpaper

No comments:

Post a Comment