Sunday 5 February 2017

I have just finished....

....reading The Shack.  It has made me leap for joy.  It has made me weep.  It has stretched me in ways I cannot begin to describe, and for which I am truly thankful.  I could quote so much from it, but this paragraph will do very well -


Part of Jesus' response to 'You're not too fond of religion and institutions?' -

'.....Like I said, I don't create institutions; that's the occupation for those who want to play God.  So, no, I'm not too big on religion, and not very fond of politics or economics either.  And why should I be?  They are the man-made trinity of terrors that ravages the earth and deceives those I care about.  What mental turmoil and anxiety does any human face that is not related to one of those three?'


Image result for rainbows

No comments:

Post a Comment