Friday 7 July 2017

Do you remember the story of.......

....King Canute?   When I first heard it I thought - What a politician, er I mean fool.  I'm surprised he wasn't locked away for his own safety!   
Anyway, we are now reliably informed, he never seriously intended to turn back the tide. He went down to the water's edge in order to make a deliberate gesture to his troops and his advisers. 'Look,' he was saying. 'I may be of royal birth, blessed with a divine right to rule, but there are some forces that even I cannot demand.' How very wise and how very brave.
If you acknowledge a weakness that you might prefer not to admit to, only  then you will start to develop a very real strength.



We are full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies  (Voltaire)

No comments:

Post a Comment