Sunday 8 July 2018

Those who know me well....

......will tell you that I don't involve myself with the baking of cakes.  My part of the bargain is to eat them.  (An equal sharing of duties and responsibilities, don't you think!)  Be that as it may,  I thought I'd have a crack at a recipe.
This is the recipe for the Cake of Complete Contentment. Your every wish will be granted the moment you place a slice in your mouth. OK. Are you ready for the list of ingredients? Don't be fooled if they seem ordinary. The magic is in the way you combine them. Take butter, add flour, eggs, sugar and mix with...   oops, got to go, there's someone at the door.



Never mind. You'll have to find your own secret. Here's a hint. It involves letting go of a resentment.










This world, after all our science and sciences, is still a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more, to whosoever will think of it. (Thomas Carlyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment