Wednesday 19 September 2018

I've been struggling to understand....

....why I haven't been able to sleep too well of late.  Then it dawned on me - I haven't had a 'they say....' moment for ages.   This just has to be the reason, so I best rectify it -

They say that stress is a modern disease. Really? So nobody stressed out over the Black Death, then!!  I guess 'they' believe that weeks on end in a WWI trench was a picnic.   Do we really think life was any less tense in the Middle Ages?


Image result for lakes


The only thing that is new, is the understanding that it is a condition in itself and doesn't always have to be related to physical or psychological circumstances. That is a key point. Most times, the only change that you need, if you are to rise above stress, is a change of outlook.



Don't worry when you are not recognised, but strive to be worthy of recognition.   (Abraham Lincoln)



No comments:

Post a Comment