Monday 8 October 2018

When you were at school.....

....if a teacher told you to do some homework, it never occurred to you to come in the next day and say, 'Actually, I was going to carry out this task but I suddenly had a strong feeling that this was not a good idea. Instinctively, I understood that it would be wiser for me to leave the work undone.'   (Certainly in my school days you wouldn't have dared to make that statement.)


We have all been brought up to believe that action is meritorious, whilst inaction implies laziness. There are, though, many times in life when it is infinitely more sensible to do nothing than to do something.





The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, 
but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

No comments:

Post a Comment